Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 8 June 2020

Eased Lock down, 8.6.2020.

With the lock down eased off a bit, on Friday went to Pear Mill to see if the Peregrines were about and was lucky to see the male feeding his 3 babies, one is quite a bit bigger than the other two but he is the one who was first born and gets fed first!.
Spot the nest site.

Thought that was another adult on the left but that's Big Brother. 

Having lunch off a pigeon.

Can see the difference in the size of the babies here. 


Went again today, but there wasn't much activity in the nest only the Male two thirds up the chimney sat on the nuts that bind the straps round the chimney.

Very high up so not very good for ones back trying to get a decent picture.

On the other side of the road in a tree over the motor home sales snapped this Mistle Thrush.

So whilst I was taking this one, a car drew up and it was the mother and daughter who own the Mill cafe and they said they would be opening on Monday 15th June 2020, but only for takeaways.,

Meanwhile back home!, plenty of activity in my garden.
Baby Sparrow.

Woodie coming in to land.

Gerr Off, Young Starlings scrapping.

More Starlings.

A Pigeon. that comes regularly. 

Goldfinch and Sparrow sharing.

Baby Goldfinches still doing well.

So though there wasn't much activity at the mill, met three chaps, and a young lady Tracey I've met before at Reddish Vale, so we had a nice chat and it turned out one of the chaps breeds peregrines and showed me pictures of some of his babies!, and I got a look though a pair of £3000 binoculars, brilliant but too rich for my blood!, perhaps if I win the lottery, but hey up I don't do the lottery!.
.....................................................................................
Why did ET have such big eyes?, he saw the phone bill!.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don't need it.
...................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment