Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 11 March 2019

What about this weather!, 11.3.2019.

This weather was a surprise after a nice week when you wondered if you should shed a layer!, good job you didn't. I didn't and still caught a cold and hacking cough.
Still enough of that, it didn't stop Pepe and I from going out and about, only stopped us visiting our friends Bob and Joyce which was unfortunate but didn't want to pass my germs on, so gathered up my bell and went out crying, Unclean, Unclean!.
Finally got round to see them today and as happens we had plenty to talk about, but that's a mark of a true friend isn't it if you haven't seen them for a while and you carry on from where you left off.
The wildlife down in Reddish Vale don't seem to know what is going on with the weather, the Terror-Pins were out sunning themselves and stretching after their hibernation the other week in the sunshine and have all disappeared again now.
"Let's get back under cover"

The Parakeets were still at it!, the cold doesn't seem to dampen their ardour  

The Great Crested Grebes are still dancing together. 

I Can beat you with one leg out of the water!.

I spotted is little fellow last week as well and didn't know what it was but added it to the Reddish Vale website I'm a member of and the conscientious of opinion was that it was a Reed Bunting.
A first for me!.   


A beautiful Long Tailed Tit, such delicate little things, makes you wonder how they survive in this weather. 


These Cormorants seem to have teamed up and the male in the background there was in full breeding mode with his body a bright Peacock Blue and a red patch under his eye, she doesn't seem to impressed does she, perhaps he's full of himself and not providing for her needs ?.



Pair of guys out on the town.


Wasn't too many people at the park yesterday so this Blackbird was most appreciative of our seed. 

The past week while indoor sheltering from the cold I took this picture out of the frame and made a collage of last years Birds of Britain calendar. 

Don't think it came out too bad and it goes well with my current hobby, perhaps in time I might get good enough to use some of my own pictures in the next framing!.

Well that's till next time.
Finished another Jigsaw and started another today, check the tab at the top of the page to see the ones I've done in the past.
...........................................................................................................


...................................................................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment