Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Camera Hood, 19.3.2019.

The other week I said to my Mate Bob the Abel!, I will have to buy a hood for my Nikon P900, and being a ex-design engineer he said why not make your own!!.
So being up for  challenge, I bought a paper cup from the info centre at Reddish Vale for 10p.
 
After a bit of careful paring.

Came up with this.



 But they are only waterproof/ stiff for a while so it was on to the next idea.

I like to get value for money so came up with a used pot from my dinner!, and cut that to the size of the paper cup

It fit's.

Then it was another fall of soot!, when I saw a stiffer plastic bottle that had had hand wash in it

So more careful paring on the neck got it down to the right diameter and my modeling band-saw came into its own with a nice smooth cut.
Its the camera angle that's making the top look uneven.

Then it was out with the Black satin finish spray paint, off the camera of course whilst this was being done!.

There you have it a nice smooth push on fit once the lens is extended, Bob said I have to spray the inside as well but just left it like this to show him the writing inside so he could see what its made of!. 

There you have it a camera hood for 10p and some household items found round the house.
...........................................................................











No comments:

Post a Comment