Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 1 March 2019

1st March 2019.

Ist of March already, where did February go?, come to think of it where did January go?.

Had a good week out again with Pepe and the Cameras in the local parks and all the wildlife is courting it seems, here is a couple of blue tits checking out the accommodation at Reddish Vale Country park.

 

Watched them checking out the box and then they proceeded to start cleaning out the old nesting material from the last occupants. 

This box was donated by one of the local MPs so you can't say that they don't help families rehousing in the area!.

Wednesday met friend David with his daughters puppy Geoff the Pug who is back full of beans after his scary illness last month, we think he picked up and ate something that poisoned him!, still all's well that ends well.


Started a new jigsaw this week, bought from a charity shop of course.
Nice picture, close to my heart at the moment.

Had a good day of bargains today!, I do love a bargain don't you.
First off called at the new Sports Direct at Crown Point North again after buying a pair of jogging trousers the other week thought I'd get some more whilst they were on offer 70% off and would you believe it they were a £1 cheaper!than last week, if I go in a few weeks time they might be giving them away hey?.
Called at the Banardos Charity shop next door but one and got a 3D Jigsaw that lights up, even if it didn't light up it was a bargain, but getting it home checked it out and it works!!.
Watch this space for when I've done it.

Also bought a piggy bank money box for my spare coins I save for charities I give to.
The mug is just for scale, that was a pressie from my good friends Bob & Joyce 


 Piggie has a plug in the bottom so I don't have to jiggle about or break it like you used to have to when we were kids.

Reddish Vale Country Park information Centre nice Cuppa's and snacks, a nice meeting up area for chats with friends.

Talking of meeting up with people, I'd seen a Chinese chap and his English wife a few times round the park and decided it was time to introduce myself and Pepe and it turned out they used to own a famous local Chinese restaurant in the area and my friend Bob knew the lady though being fellow artists in the area, small world isn't it?. 
Nice to met people and chat and you never know it might be the thing that person wanted or needed at that moment!.
 Strangers are friends you haven't met yet!!
.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment