Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Tuesday at the Vale, 21st August 2018.

Down at the Vale on Tuesday it seemed to be Terror- Pin Day.

Gives you some idea of the size of them against the Moorhen.


Follow my leader!.

A bit closer!

Thought these were big look at this monster!, what was that film called
 "It came from 20,000 leagues?" Makes one wonder!.

Plenty of new Moorhens about this year.


Quite colourful close up.


A little black number.


The Great Crested Grebes were a bit harder to see, can't blame them really as the 5 babies are down to one!.

Just stay here whilst I get your dinner.

Wandering round on its own.


Dinner is served!

Too big for the baby to swallow again and dropped it, before mum could get it a Black headed Gull whipped in and got it, no problem that swallowing it.

Ahh well plenty more fish in the lake.

Can see baby getting the shape now, just the colour to change now.




Birthday in the park, that's the way to do it, no mess on the carpets.

The riding school pupils enjoying the ride , don't seem to get many boys doing it do you!.

A new fence down to the river, not sure if they are going to cut steps in, watch this space.

Plenty of Dog walkers in the park, but this family taking it a bit further hey, luckily you don't need poo bags for this or it would have to be a big one!.

The ever present Heron looking for a meal.

The swans look happy enough but sadly no surviving babies this year. 

The Muscovite duck was very friendly today and was eating out of my hand and even going in my pocket when I wasn't feeding it fast enough!.

A young Chaffinch.

Being on the Manchester Airport flight path is a bonus too if you are into Plane Spotting.
Met a chap a few weeks ago and he said I'm not here for the wildlife only the planes!.
It takes all kinds, what a crazy world it would be if we were all the same.

Well that's it for today folks, call in again soon.
...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment