Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 15 February 2021

Parrots in the park, 15.2.21.

 Today was a beautiful sunny day, slight breeze but not too noticeable when wrapped up well!.

After lunch at McDonalds it was on with Pepe's coat and my Camera and off round the park.

Doesn't look it from this angle but most people were keeping social distancing . 


Nice male Blackbird rooting though the undergrowth for any grubs for dinner.


It was a bit breezy high up in the tree for this Wood Pigeon. 

The Robin was more sensible in the ground cover,


Just as we got round to the big tree that the parakeets nest in, it started a light mist of rain but only lasted for a few minutes, good job I'd put Pepe's coat on. 

There again if you want a rainbow you have to have a drop of rain to create it, swings and roundabouts isn't it!.


Look at that beautiful blue sky after the rain washed the clouds.

It was so warm out of the breeze this one was nodding off.

The grooming must go on, mating time soon!

This is the type of tree they like with plenty of holes to nest in.


The male has a pink and black band around the neck, but is absent or very faint in females and juveniles.

So a good day out in the fresh air instead of on the treadmill, got to get better soon hasn't it!

Pepe has his wash and trim this week so a bit of a run out for us and a Bacon buttie take-out at the Cafe just up the road whilst I wait for him, I enjoy the trip as much as he does.

Been looking at birds so much lately I'm starting to look like one!.


Hence my Surname Teal.

AKA Duckie!.

.........................................................

Advice for teenagers, leave home now while you still know everything.

Late night TV is very educational, it teaches you you should have gone to bed earlier.

Don't worry about avoiding temptations as you get older,

they'll start avoiding you!.

........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment