Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 7 May 2024

Tuesday, 7.5.2024.

 Didn't go out much over the bank holiday, waste of time really as with all the people about the wildlife stays home.

After my usual Tuesday visit to Pear Mill Café, which was a bit slack today, perhaps they realised Chris the singer was away today!. 

So on the way home decided to call at Debdale ressers to see how the Great Crested Grebes were getting on.

The painting on the sailing centre wall seems to have come to a halt!, nothing added yet, though he says it's not finished, perhaps not decided what else to add.


A bit overcast but quite warm really!.


 First thing I saw there these little beauties!.


Proud mum.

Then realised there were more Juvenile swans about, with the resident pair of adults there were also 7 youngsters, one more than last time I was there so nine in total!.

The big male was charging about trying to scare the intruders off but the lake is so big he was having a hard time and gave up trying must have been out of puff.  




Looking over towards the sailing centre, on their slope there was a group of baby Mallards but only just in range, looks to be about 7 babies.

I then walked over to the area where the Grebes were and there was some baby Coots the next door neighbours to the Grebes.

 After watching them for a while, the grebes came out from the overhanging bushes and I can now confirm there are three babies now.

All swimming about but I think they were playing musical chairs and using Mum as the chair!.


As you can see on this picture, babies are quite big and only room for one on her back now.


Dinner time nap, but soon wake up when Dad comes back with some food.




 Dad very busy and dashing about fishing for the three babies and mum as she can't fish and leave the babies.


Back home my Clematis  "Josephine" has plenty of buds on this year.  

So it's been a nice day again after a few days indoors.
.....................................................................



......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment