Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 9 March 2020

Going Going Gone, 7-8.3.2020.

This weekend we watched, watched and watched the removal of the Gorton bridge.
Early Saturday morning what I thought was two cranes, arrived, then realized it was one giant crane and a low loader with the attachments for it. 

More to go on it yet.

The crane having the attachments fitted.

There it is, with its arms and cables fitted.


As you can see there were plenty of Gortonians watching.

But we were all disappointed as the wind was too strong to chance a lift.
the spreaders were added but by 6-00 pm it was too dark to continue for me to take any photos.

This is the main man who everyone was waiting on, it was all on his head to go or not, or should I say his instruments readings.


A Bridge too Far.
.............................................
So it was back there at 8-00am on Sunday to find the bridge down, obviously overnight!.
So I had to be satisfied with a before and after job.


A dull damp day Monday morning saw the main road opened again



The traffic lights that had been changed to channel all the traffic into Reddish Lane were put back to normal, it had gone well there, but its a pity the lights at The Fir Tree pub into Longford road hadn't been given priority as it was a bottle neck there!.
Still its all flowing again if only slowly until the new pedestrian bridge is placed in which I was told would be right at the end of the project.
Will be a smaller crane for that as its a lot lighter by the look of it.

An artist's impression of the finished project, its been a bit of disruption for lots of people no doubt but long overdue and you can't have omelettes without breaking a few eggs can you!.

.............................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment