Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 5 October 2019

Reddish Vale Country Park, 5.10.2019.

Been out and about again this week with my faithful hound Pepe.
Been to Pear Mill Antique Emporium more for the Cafe than any thing else, where Pepe is well known for his love of boiled ham and looks forward to his plate that the staff very kindly provide each time we go.
I always like to have a good mooch round and imagine I'm on Antiques Road Show and try to think what would do well on that program, don't know if I would do better than the celebrities do on that part of the program, watching though like to think I would be better, but don't we all!.
Not many birds about at the moment perhaps they know something we don't??, I did manage to spot the Kestrel that another website member from Reddish Vale site had posted that they were back so it was a hot foot down there the next day!.
There was one there come to check out his old nest box which they didn't use this summer.
 After checking with my Phone Appt saw it was a male with his grey head, females have a brown head.
Think he was thinking those squatter pigeons that used it to bring up a family in the summer had left it in a bit of a tip!.

Wait till I get a grip of them he thinks.

Perched on the other side of the arch, perhaps thinking to surprise the squatters if they return.

Very regal bird though if you were a pigeon you wouldn't think so perhaps.



The other website member said there was a sparrowhawk there as well but it had been seen off by the Kestrel and Magpies though I didn't see it, maybe it didn't want to chance it again.

This Cormorant is saying Grey is the new Black.

Some of my baby Goldfinches at home seem to be getting their red face feathers, but not all of them yet, perhaps they are from different broods as there seem to be quite a lot of them!.

Can't help admiring the cheeky Robins can you.

Well as I said not much there today but might be some Winter visitors coming soon, fingers crossed.

Well another nice day gone and the Strictly dancing tonight!.
.....................................................................

Men do cry, but only when assembling furniture from Ikea!.

Why are women called 'Birds' because they tend to pick up worms.
.......................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment