Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Sunny day out at the Vale, 23.10.2109.

Had a good day out today at Reddish Vale Country Park again.
Spent an hour in the Community Garden and then walked up to the Tearooms at the farm for lunch.
Very noisy with the children off on holiday again! doesn't seem that long since they went back after 6 weeks summer holiday. I am fortunate in that I'm deaf and can turn my hearing aids off!.
Pepe loves it there mainly because he gets some sausage and bacon, can't blame him really as it does taste rather nice and he gets a lot of fuss from the kids as they think he looks like a teddy bear.
Then it was back to the park to see if my treats for the birds had brought anything out.

Nice Autumn colours everywhere now. 

The very small quick Goldcrest, the smallest bird in Europe, bet you thought it was a Wren!.

You can't entice it with seed as it only seems to like the sap from coniferous trees. 

My best picture of the day was this Squirrel tucking into an apple which are all over the ground in the Orchard, don't think they wait of windfalls though!.

Always plenty of these guys about.

Butter wouldn't melt in its mouth, but that mouth is quite destructive.

Another bit of luck today was the appearance of the Jays.

This guy seems to have been digging, hiding his horde of goodies which it might lose if the squirrels see where he hids them 

Those beautiful blue feathers were highly sought after in the last century for ladies hats until they stopped the practice along with fur coats.
They do look better on the bird don't they!. 



That's all for today folks, hope you like the pictures as much as I did taking them.
...............................................



No comments:

Post a Comment