Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 2 April 2019

April Fool's day. 2019.

Called at friends Bob & Joyce yesterday, should have known better!, as Bob said get your camera as we have Goldfinches on the feeders.
Looking out of the kitchen window didn't see any goldfinches, then Bob said "what's that on the bird table, looks like a Pied Wagtail!"
After finally focusing on the white blur discovered it was a porcelain one out of their collection!
"April Fool" yelled Bob, "but it's three o'clock" said I, " We don't bother with that here" he said!, what can you say!.
I had the last laugh I think as the first thing I saw at Reddish Vale Country Park today was a Pair of Pied Wagtails! that I'd not seen there before, someone must be looking after me. 


A bit blurred on this one as the little blighters never stop twitching and flitting about still I was happy to see them, doesn't take much at my age! 

It was bitterly cold today at the Park so perhaps the birds were shivering not twitching!.

This was the picture though the arches today.


Even had hailstones today as well.

After dinner came home and finished the current jigsaw and got warm.

Nice fitting pieces and interesting with my love of canal boats.

That's all for now folks.
................................................................................

How do you get down of an elephant?.
You don't, you get down off a duck!.
.......................................




No comments:

Post a Comment