Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 15 May 2023

Reddish Vale, 12th.5.23.

 Friday, I went down to Reddish Vale with the camera, hoping for a few shots, that's the best way to shoot birds, with a camera!.

Beautiful day and just sat there soaking up the rays and watching the swans rearranging their nest.

On arrival noticed straight away that the young chap doing the artwork on the info centre had been busy again on the left side near the wardens office.

Good isn't he!.


There are lots of babies about, these mallards were on the top mill pond.

 Seemed to be having great fun amongst the algae


Afternoon lessons, "Now watch out for those black and white Magpies because they will have you all if you don't stay close to me"

Mamma Swan was still sat on the nest, will have to go tomorrow and see if there are any developments there.

Big Daddy was still on patrol.

Terror- pins sunning themselves.


A few gosling about too.


I was being stalked by this big bird!.

Nuthatch enjoying the seed.

Plenty of these colourful Mandarins about.

The Mrs.

On the Saturday I went to Pear Mill Café on my own as the other two friends were on another coach trip down to Devon, the two owner ladies kept seeing that I was alright on my own!, and supplied with drinks. 

On arrival home discovered that my neighbour was cleaning out our gutters that had started sprouting grass with all the rain we have been having and he even washed down my small veranda over the back door. That a really good neighbour and friend hey.

I'd had a card from the neighbours from next door but one, who moved out over the weekend to thank me for being a good neighbour over the years!, that was nice of them wasn't it.

Then on Sunday on the way out to get dinner at Sainsburys, saw the new owner arriving and gave him a wave which he returned and came to see me. Turns out he is from Madrid in Spain and his lady is from Wales, seems a nice young couple which is nice these days.

So it seems that the neighbourhood is going to be alright for a while, it's good to have nice neighbours isn't it, makes all the difference to your state of mind. 

My Goldfinches are doing well, this week I'd cleaned out my feeders to make sure they were alright for the babies which hopefully I will see soon, as they've been successful for the last three years, so fingers crossed. 


Last night watched a new six part series on BBC1, called The £10 Pom's, has my sister was one of them, though in the film they went on a ship, so it must have been later when my sister went as she was flown there! which was better than six weeks on a boat. I'd thought it was a documentary but turned out to be a drama about a family from Manchester of all places!, will see that next week brings!.

 ......................................................................

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care!. 

If all the worlds a stage, where do the audience sit?.

Old bankers never die,

They just lose interest.

Bricklayers never die, they just throw in the trowel.

...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment