Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 6 November 2018

This week at the Vale, 5.11.2018.

Weather was quite mild today for the time of year and dry to boot!.
If you've not been to Reddish Vale here is some details of it.


And here is one of the iconic views of one of the lakes and the viaduct going though the park.  
So a bit of train spotting and being on the flight path to the airport plenty of aeroplane spotting too if that's your thing.

The bench that I posted had been burnt out has been replaced  by the warden and his trusty helpers "The A Team", been distressed as well so it looks like its been there forever!.

Plenty of activities there, this is one of the riding ponies with a budding John Wayne on. 

OOH no, there are Flashers there too!.

What did you have for lunch today Fred?, Roach or Perch!.

Couple of the female Goosanders still around, think its some of the youngsters from off the river. 

The breeze is making a mess of my hair.

A not so common Mallard, nice and colourful aren't they.

Mr and Mrs Little Grebe.

I was told by the Warden than where he comes from they are called Dabchicks!.
Quite shy normally but these were quite close today as not many visitors about.

Was stood talking to the website guy John Home and he pointed out this kingfisher!, it was only with my bino's and the camera at its limit that I saw it.
So I think its "John Hawkeye Home" for me in future.

Managed to see a couple of the Ring Necked Parakeets today 
They are nesting in these holes in the big tree near the gates to Windmilll Lane.

That's the females tail sticking up in the hole, investigating the accommodation the male had been telling her about while touching beaks and billing and cooing! 

The plump female.


The Male as far as I could see as it was the one making all the overtures.


As close as I could get without poking it in the eye!

So a few different types for you today.

That's all for today folks 
...........................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment