Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 2 November 2022

First November visit to the local parks , 1st & 2nd November.

 Tuesday saw us at Debdale Rezzers, where it was sunny but with showers forecast!.


There was a cycle club there and when I asked if they had come far the answer was "Only Cheadle", which is quite far really.
The birds gathered round to share their sandwiches.

Only a lonely Cormorant on the lake.

Not the prettiest of birds are they, still it takes all kinds!.

After a few dives it was back on the landing stage to dry off.

The gull in the background gives you some idea the size of the cormorant. 

Brought any monkey nuts today Pepe.

The male swan (Cob) came out of the water to check out me and Pepe.

Then signalled it was safe enough for mum and junior to come out and enjoy the food we had brought.  


You don't want to upset these males, they can be quite aggressive. 

The jigsaw I finished and mentioned in the last post. 

I made a mount out of card and painted it and made it to fit the jigsaw, turned out well even if I say so myself.

Today we went to Reddish Vale Country park but it was quite cool and blustery so didn't stay sat to long at Sunnyside pond, but did manage to snap this little Grebe busily fishing.

And he got his dinner.

We had a brisk walk then round the butterfly field as its tarmacked, so not too wet for Pepe with his low belly.
On the lower mill pond there were lots of Tufted ducks this is one of the males, as is usually the way the females are a rather dull brown.

When I got the seed bag out there, this gang of pigeons mugged me and were all over my arms, head and shoulders, I wasn't too bothered but if they did it to youngsters they would have been frightened to death.
My jacket was covered in muddy feet marks!, won't do that again, will throw the seed away and make myself scarce!.
These are the three juvenile swan there, quite gown up now, seems a shame that they will be driven off by the parents as soon as they want to breed again.  


Nice few days dodging the showers, but getting cold out now, will have to sort out the jumpers.
...............................................
Did you hear about the Atheist Dyslexic,
He didn't believe there was a Dog.

This woman confused her Valium, with her birth control pills,
She now has 12 kids but doesn't really care!.
...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment