Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 2 December 2019

Past few weeks, 2.12.2019.

Got my P1000 camera back from John Lewis and its as good as new with a new battery compartment door and a new circuit board, working nice again but due to weather haven't had it out yet!.
Also one of the reasons not had it out, had a fault on the car which was a bit disconcerting and playing on my mind until the garage I bought it off directed me to  "Vehicle Electrical Services" in Stockport .
The fault was the rear doors kept clicking like castanets when you set off!, quite disconcerting, but the Electronics Garage soon sorted it out with two new locks fitted, so all's well that ends well, though my plastic friend is still reeling from the shock!.
I must mention my friend Peter who did two lots of running about with me back and forwards to the garage which took the stress out of the travelling about.
I always try to look on the bright side and the bright side of this was that whilst the car was in for the fitting of the new locks, Peter took me to Vernon Park where I'd never been and was most impressed  there, then it was to Pear Mill for lunch and after that as the garage still hadn't phone we went to Woodbank Park that is a continuation of Vernon Park and though it was raining all day we both had umbrellas so that was no problem.
So if the car hadn't developed the fault I'd never have discovered these two nice venues for my further trips with the camera, not until the weather improves though as Vernon Park is on the side of a hill and quite exposed, though you can see right across Stockport , what a try out for the big camera to look forward too.  
The last couple of days with the car running well, been to The Vale, was having withdrawl symptoms!, think the Jays were missing Pepe as well.

"Welcome back Pepe!"say's the Jay.

Saw three today!.

Cold but at least the rains stopped.

Plenty of Robins about, Do they know its Christmas!!.

Blue Tit amidst the Autumn leaves. 

Male Mandarin Duck.

Conan the destroyer!.
Very cute but play havoc with the feeders, nibbling their way though any plastic ones, think it would be best to have just feeding tables in the Community Garden.

Snapped this Pied Wagtail, not in the park but in the Supermarket Car Park!.
They are usually twitching their tails all the time and you can't usually get a good picture but I think this isn't too bad.

This Nuthatch looking good against the Autumn colours.

Been looking out for a picture of a Wren the last few days, as the only one I've ever had is this one I took at Etherow Park about 4 years ago with the only camera I had at the time, a compact Samsung and now I got two bridge cameras I'm struggling to see one,  

In the Summer I did get this Baby one to sit still for a few seconds so can't complain, can't imagine how small this is from a photo, but the adults are very small to start with.


























So not done much blogging in November will have to buck my ideas up, though I have been
publishing photos on the Reddish Vale website.

......................................................................................

Why did the cross eyed teacher get sacked?
She couldn't control her pupils.

How do you get down off an Elephant?.
You don't you get down of a duck!.
........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment