Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Back at Reddish Vale today, 14.10.2020.

 Today went back to Reddish Vale for the first time for ages!.

I'd had an email from a friend telling me about the new Bird Hide that's been put up by Warden Daryll and his hard working volunteers.

As most of the Reddish Vale photographers will recognize it's at the Sunnyside Pond  and today it was being well used and there was one of my friends David Sealey that had emailed me to tell me about it.

He was showing me some brilliant pictures he had taken there of the Kingfishers, though I didn't have any luck today, I will be going back to take advantage of this new venture in the park.

There is even a shelf for your brew and sandwiches!.

Some cyclists came whilst we were there, and this lady was enjoying feeding the duck by hand. All ages seem to like feeding the ducks don't they.


This Little Grebe has just caught a fish for it's dinner, not a good picture as it was taken into the sun.

That's why the hide is in a good position where it is. 


This Coal Tit was taken in the community Garden which I've missed going to, it's a nice quiet haven of peace even when the park is quite full at times.


Plenty of these nice Nuthatches about today


Pepe's back with his servant in the Hat, and they've brought some seed again, hope they start coming back regularly again.  


This little Sparrow is a Dunnock (Hedge Sparrow) which is quite different from the tree sparrow that's in the picture above when you look at their beaks, the Dunnock is quite thin and pointed and the hedge sparrow is thicker.

So a tree sparrow.

Cute, but destructive

Plenty of these about, love em or hate em, they are cute.


Blue Tit in the bushes.

Favourite place for the kids is this pile of tree trunks to climb on, but today just a picture to show that Autumn is upon us!.


The Goldfinches are still eating me out of house and home in my garden, but they are so beautiful I don't begrudge them the Sunflower seeds they like so much.

................................................................................

I wouldn't say she was thin, but when she goes to the park the ducks throw her bread!.

The Cardiologists diet; if it tastes good spit it out!.

I saw a Cafe on the way home serving an all day breakfast but I didn't really have that much time!.

........................................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment