Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats,Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about and Photography with pictures taken at and around our Model Boat club at Etherow Country Park, where I can be found quite a few days a week on the landing stage, you might recognize the hat and the dog rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the tabs at the top above the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my long haired Chihuahua "Pepe", weather permitting of course.

Friday, 19 April 2013

To-day at the lake.19.4.2013

To-day decided that the garden ornaments were ready for a change so it was out with the Winter robin


And the Summer Blue Tit out of the garage!
Still not too warm yet, but at least it looks better.

Then it was off to the lake for a bit of lunch and a walk round the lake with Pepe.

We came across two anglers and one was weighing his catch of this big carp
So I took his picture whilst his mate was doing the same and said what does that weigh mate, "15lbs 15" he said, "You should see the one my mate just caught!"


And here is the big one, 23lbs
and there are the scales to prove it as well.
You would need a lot of chips to go with that wouldn't you.

Then someone mentioned that there was a bird sitting on a nest on the club landing stage, so it was back over there to investigate and there she was a big Chinese swan goose, I tried to move her so I could see how many eggs she was sitting on, but she was not having any of it!, just sat there like Hissing Sylvia telling me to get lost!.
Club's spring squatter

Gerr off!.
.................................................................................................
Don't worry if your life's a joke
And your successes are but few
Remember that the mighty oak 
Was once a nut like you.

Its illegal to make liquor privately and make water publicly!.

That's all folk's

8 comments:

  1. The last photo gave us a good laugh! BnB

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant to ask do they eat the carp or put them back?
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grеetings! Ι've Ьeen reading yоur website
    fօr ѕome time noᴡ and
    finally ցot the bravery tο ցο ahead and ɡive yߋu a shout
    ⲟut frrom Atascocita Texas! Ꭻust ѡanted tο tell you ҝeep ᥙρ tɦе excellent աork!


    Check оut mʏ web site solar lights outdoor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beneficial info is provided by this blog and I am subscribing to it
    this instant! Thank you people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post, very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts of this sector don't realize
    this. You should proceed your writing. I'm confident,
    you've a great readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just could not leave without saying thanks in the bottom of my heart, after reading this great website!

    ReplyDelete